Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing... Brogan!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crashintomex

Introducing... Brogan! Empty
PostSubject: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:18 am

It had been nearly a week since his sister, Sadie, had left home to go on 'vacation', a term she had used when begging their mother to let her go to the Anathema for a while. Naturally, Luna hadn't been exactly pleased, considering that tiny bit of information she knew; Jeremiah had risen from the dead, once again, and he was back home on the island. Luna wasn't able to tell Sadie this, however, being that she had never mentioned a thing about him their entire lives... which, unbeknownst to the siblings as well, was a blessing in disguise. It had been such a touchy topic in their quaint little household that Sadie and Brogan had never bothered to ask. So when Sadie had asked to leave, Luna had had no choice but to let her go, being that the real reason she worried...was simply not allowed to be spoken out loud.

So it should have come as no surprise to Sadie, or anyone else there, for that matter, that Brogan had showed up. Luna had been worried sick since the moment she'd left, and now that it was four days into it, he felt like he needed to show up...just to check up on her. Their mother wasn't a worrier by nature, so there was obviously something here that bothered her...and by taking a little tour of the place himself, not only did he get a vacation, but he would be able to calm his mother's nerves, as well.

With a quiet yawn, he padded across the warm stretch of sand lain out before him, his worn, heavy paws beating down on the grainy substance with soft thumps. He was much taller than his sister, and much bulkier, with wide shoulders and a toned build. Other than their body structure, however, they were complete clones; twins, just like his mother and their uncle. Their only difference was their eyes; instead of his mother's, he had gotten his father's. They were dark, and clouded, so blue that they almost seemed black. Endless holes...

...let the games begin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=508818393
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Stirring to sleepy wakefulness, another island-dwelling feline joined the realm of the conscious. Having forsaken her dreams, the little kougress rose to her paws and stretched fitfully. A dark, shaggy coating of fur mostly disguised the shape of her slender housecat-like form, though it was well-groomed enough to reveal the slight ripple of her muscles as she stretched in the sand. Blinking her round, green eyes against the harsh midday rays she'd expected to find, she discovered that the sun fled behind the beginnings of a cloud cover that'd blown in while she was napping. She lifted her black nose to the air, tasting as much as smelling the promise of a storm on the wind. Ah well. It would be a nice relief from the heat that had put her to sleep in the shade.

Fluffy grey tail brushing against a low hanging palm frond, she paced a small circle in the sand and was preparing for nap part two when she heard the gentle rustle of paws on the beach. She strained to make out the unfamiliar male's silhouette, tufted ears and dark nose both tuned to his presence. But rack her memory as she might, she couldn't place his scent. Someone new? That was alright, she decided, calling out a friendly miaow of hello.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tyuri
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:44 am

ooc; She is toooo cute! =D

ic; He had begun to head toward the ocean when his ears suddenly rose to attention, a soft meow carried on the winds right into his range of hearing. Who was that? There was actually someone else here? With furrowed brows, he stood up tall, tilting his head back a bit to lightly sniff the air. He appeared enormously large, then, with his back arched and his proud stance - it was still a wonder to his mother how he'd grown so big; Luna was tall, but not that tall... and Sadie was still petite. The family outcast, he commonly referred to himself as. Slowly, he turned around and spotted the other feline a good forty feet away, her tiny, dark figure standing out rather obnoxiously against the lush, green scenery. He wasn't the social type, but she had made the attempt, after all. And he was new here; he couldn't be rude.

He shifted his position and began heading in her direction, taking slow, thoughtful steps as his lips parted in a fanit, barely noticeable smile.

"Hey, there," he said, his voice deep yet friendly, matching his expression. Although he didn't seem exactly delighted he had found company, he did seem slightly interested. A low rumble of thunder began to sound in the distance, and he glanced up momentarily to take note of the stormy sky. One would be here shortly. Hopefully, they didn't stick around too long to find out. "You from around here?" he asked, figuring he'd be nice and try and make some kind of conversation.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:34 am

ooc:
8D Thanks!
I'm typing this while waiting for a ride and then I'll be gone all weekend, so if it gets cut off, that's why. Hopefully I can type like the wind.

Nyx sat as straight upright as she could, neck arched in a vain attempt to seem taller. She hadn't noticed at the distance, but as he approached his size steadily overwhelmed hers. Then again, most did. Her small, housecat frame only just put the tips of her black ear-fluff level with the newcomer's broad shoulders. Returning his faint smile with a brilliant one of her own, she let herself settle back down to a more comfortable pose.
"Sometimes," she answered, pausing to lick her whiskers before elaborating, "I used to live here full-time, but the island slowed way down a while back so I moved on. I've been stopping by the place every now and again since then, but its been pretty empty. Are you new here? Cause if so, you picked a good time to come. All kinds of people are coming back now." She finished with a widening of her grin, unaware that she might be acting a bit overly chatty. It was nice to have someone to talk to, and she always had plenty to say.
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:18 am

ooc; No worries =D

ic; "I suppose you could say that," he replied as he closed the distance between them. Brogan's thick, obsidian pelt appeared outrageously tousled, but its thickness just added to his size...not to mention how hot he was. The humidity of the island would have been unbearable to anyone else with fur like his, but growing up on Mystery Island had helped him considerably. He kind of wished, all of a sudden, that it would start to storm sometime soon; at least it would cool him off.

"My mother used to live here, for about a year or so, I'm guessing around the time you lived here as well. Then, when she got pregnant, she decided to raise me and my sister back where she'd grown up, back home...on Mystery Island." He paused for a moment to shake out the grains of sand clinging to his fur, revealing the crimson stripes that banded his body. The tops of his legs faded from a black into the same crimson red, his paws the color of blood. He was an interesting looking thing; the exact opposite of his twin sister. Fraternal twins. He sat down, hoping she wouldn't feel as inferior, playing the whole "big friendly giant" card.

"I didn't catch your name...? I'm Brogan."
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 pm

"Really? Who's your mom?" Nyx's curiosity was fueled in part, of course, by a wanting to know if she knew his mother, but that was not all. Her own heritage was as much a mystery to her as why the letters of the alphabet lined up the way they did. And, though the desire to know wasn't overly strong in her, she did wonder what it must be like to know one's parents.
Her gaze took on a slightly sharper edge as she studied him for recognizable signs in his colouring and build, trying to recall the girls she used to know. Even as he shook the sand from his sizable, feline body she couldn't make the connection. All that remained familiar to her was the dark grey-blue of his eyes, which she was now able to trace to her friend Isaiah (though surely he couldn't be Isaiah's son, he was too old and Isaiah would have mentioned it to her.)
"Well of course not," Nyx's grin returned as she offered her little paw to him, "I haven't told you its Nyx yet."
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:30 am

His feline lips parted to reveal his signature smile; faint yet visible, offering Nyx what little friendliness he had in him. Social interactions did not come easy to Brogan; he was a creature of solitude by nature. He was perfectly content with the small life he had lived, consisting of his mother and sister, and his two island friends back home. In fact, traveling to the Anathema in general had gone against his very own wishes, but it was solely his strong loyalty to his family that had convinced him otherwise.

He pictured his mother here, over a year or two ago, young and in her prime. She was no doubt the most beautiful Kougra he'd ever met, besides his sister. They were the two most important women in his life. "Her name is Luna," he stated suddenly, in reply to Nyx's former query. He allowed his cloudy eyes to tear away from her face momentarily to peer over at the roaring ocean, taking note of how dark the sky had gotten since he'd first encountered this stranger. Then, he looked back to her, the smile returning as he lightly grasped her paw. It was so small in comparison to his - he felt like if he grabbed too tightly, it would crumble.

"Nyx," he repeated with a brief nod, "Clever name. I like it...I think it suits you." A pause as his smile transformed into a bit of a...was that a grin?! "You'll just have to prove me right." And then he began to wonder what her reaction would be to his mother's name; he silently awaited realization to flash across her face, or for utter cluelessness to cloud her eyes instead.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Nyx inwardly relaxed, starting to become comfortable in the male's presence. His smile reassured her by miles, widening the grin on her own face. Bad people didn't wear their faces happy, as far as she was concerned, and a liars looked greasier than him. She had it all figured out for herself, and that was plenty.
She opened her mouth to reply coyly, when a fat drop of rain collided with the bridge of her nose. Her green eyes crossed, trying to see what had hit her, and another fell on her cheek. Then her toes. And then it was sprinkling, raining, pouring all around the two mismatched cats. Hunching her shoulders like a dark little raven, she shook her wet bangs from her face and jerked her head invitingly towards the jungle.
"What do you say we continue this somewhere dryer?" She had to raise her tiny voice to almost a yell to be heard over the sound of rain pounding into the sand and the roughness of the surf.
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:00 pm

"I say we make a run for it," he shouted back, narrowing his clouded eyes as he lifted a paw to sheild them from the rain, glancing over at the beachfront. It was going to be a rough one... Within seconds, however, his thick pelt had matted itself to his body, revealing his large, masculine frame and sinewy muscle. It felt nice compared to the humidity that had cloaked the island just moments before like a blanket, and he welcomed it silently. "Lead the way!" he said as the rain pounded down even harder, bits of sand flying up from the ground as it fell... it was definitely a site to see.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:28 pm

Fleeing like...well, like a cat from the rain, Nyx made a hasty retreat for the trees. Her tail flew like a soggy banner behind her and then drooped once more as she reached the cover the canopy provided. A few heavy drops still trickled their way down through the thick upper layers of the jungle, but it was much more comfortable than the storm that raged outside.
She offered Brogan a sheepish smile as he entered behind her, the whiteness of her teeth standing out starkly against the dark fur of her face. The rain had plastered her long, thick fur to her body, making it cling to the now visible curves of her ribs, spine, and hips. Her soaked gray pelt was nearly as black as her shadow.
"Wellll, that's a little better," she said, giving a quiet laugh between shivers, "But now I don't remember what we were talking about."
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Brogan's heavy paws thumped quietly upon the sand as he followed her just as rambunctiously, his eyes narrowing in defense as a passing wind tore past them both. It wasn't long before they had reached the depths of the island, however, and as he entered the canopy behind her, he let out a long, relieved sigh. He glanced around them eagerly; observing the lush foilage, taking note of the little retreat she had found for future reference. His mother had told him that it rained here a lot, but now he actually knew what she meant.

He looked back to Nyx and half-smiled, shaking his fur out so that it poofed outrageously; he looked like a manic mountain lion. "We were talking about my mom," he replied thoughtfully, offering her a slight shrug. "There isn't much to say though. She just lived here for two or three years. Her name was Luna...?" He fell quiet, his ears perked to attention as he stood there, listening to the loud 'shhh' of the downpour.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

She snickered at his fluffed out pelt, remembering some of the crazy 'do's she'd seen in the city. A moment later, however, she was following his lead, water spraying in a solid three foot radius around her shaking body. Layer upon layer of shaggy fur held quite a bit of water however, and rather than poof out like Brogan's, hers stuck out in funny spikes all along her slender frame. Looking down at her messy chest fur she broke into laughter again, this time at herself. She shook once more and then settled into tongue-grooming her unruly fur instead, occasionally glancing up at her companion to show she was listening.
"Right! Your mom...n-" The rest of her miaowed response was drowned out by a roar of thunder in the sky. She rolled her eyes, smiled, and continued, "No, I didn't know her. I don't think so 'least ways, but I'm not very good with names. Did your dad live here too? I might have known him," she suggested between tongue strokes.
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:42 pm

He sat down, as well, his eyes settled intently upon her as he watched her groom herself. The more and more he stared at her, however; the more and more she reminded him of those house cats he heard about from the city. She seemed so out of place here...so small and dainty. It was strange. Brogan had tiger and cougar in him, so Nyx was pretty much only a fraction of his size. Brogan knew he must have gotten his size from his father or grandfather, in part because Luna had told him her father had been a full-blooded tiger. As for his own father, well, he could have very well been a rat for all he knew. Which wasn't far from the truth. At all.

Brogan simply shook his head. "Not that I know of," he replied in a monotone voice, completely free of the slightest emotion. "I never met my dad." He shrugged, as if this fact was as mundane as his favorite color, when deep down it was something that had taken him a long time to come to terms with. He had never had much of a father figure in his life, except for the random boys his mother would invite over from time to time, though they never stayed around for long. Luna liked it that way, though.

"So how long have you lived here for?"
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:47 pm

By some inbred miracle of the cat family, the longer she licked herself, the dryer she got, fur visibly fluffy in the places she'd already hit. Eventually all that was left was her tail, a much less impressive sight when the bulk of her fur was subtracted from the last bones of her spine. Turning to dry that as well, she allowed her peripherals free roam up and down the large male. His bone structure, while every bit as feline as her own, was much more solidly built. He was desgined for power, that much was obvious. But he was calm and sincere and very polite, she was noticing, and as unlike his genes suggested he should be as she was herself. Her body could easily have belonged to a graceful dancer, or a silent huntress, or any number of delicate, lithe females. Instead it was landed with Nyx, quite possibly the most entirely graceless cat on the entire island, if not the entire world.
Her ears swiveled to catch his voice as he spoke again, noticing the sharp change in tone before the words. When they did process, her ears folded back sympathetically. "Me either," she stated, turning to fully meet his gaze. She felt no true remorse for her own lonely childhood usually, but empathy for Brogan let a few pieces of sadness bubble up and tighten in her chest. "But I s'pose we didn't much need 'em, cause look how we turned out!" It was a bold statement for so early in their accquaintance, but the tension in his voice upset her and she wanted to move past it.
When he moved on, she stifled a happy sigh, green eyes clearing of the clouds that had covered them. "Uh...Cuppla years? Maybe three? I'm not so good with times and numbers and stuff. My friend Isaiah is though. Have you met him yet? He knows just about everybody here I bet."
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:19 pm

He allowed his lips to crack into a faint smile at her kind words, and he nodded slightly; at least they had something in common, despite how different they looked physically. He rolled his shoulders back and flexed his forearm muscles lightly as he sat there, getting comfortable. "I don't think we could get much better," he replied warmheartedly with a slight laugh, allowing his large body to lean back against the trunk of a palm tree behind him. Brogan seemed to be loosening up to her a bit more; she was seemingly genuine, and he liked that. He didn't enjoy wasting his time with facetious people; he had a low tolerance for that kind of stuff...

Then, he yawned, scratching the skin behind his right ear absentmindedly while quirking his brows in reply to her question. Isaiah? Did he know him?? "You know, the name rings a bell..." He drifted off, searching his mind for a face to put to the name, but nothing came. "My mom mighta knew him. I don't know him personally though. Haven't had the pleasure yet." He paused, a faint smile appearing once again. Little did he know, if he ever did encounter Isaiah, it would probably be everything but pleasurable.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Dry as she'd become, she still rose to her paws to give another full body shake. This time her fur did poof out, but it was quick to settle back into place as she reclined to her haunches. "I'm sure you'll meet him soon enough. Like I said, he knows everybody." She nodded her head happily, oblivious to any awkward family undercurrents that such a meeting might uncover. The bits and pieces of his past Isaiah had chosen to share with her didn't involve Luna or his relation to her new-found friend - for friend she had decided he was. She quite liked Brogan, and was thrilled to have found him, especially now. The last new person she'd met had been the infamous Jeremiah, and their encounter had gone less than smoothly. Brogan reassured her belief in the island's overall friendliness.

But, she realized suddenly, even such a pleasant banter as this wouldn't slake the hunger that had crept into her gut. Putting a paw to her fluffy stomach, she sucked it in until her ribs showed through her shaggy fur, "I could use a bite to eat...you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
crashintomex

PostSubject: Brogan   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:52 am

"Well, I don't plan on being here for long. I just stopped by to make sure my sister was doing okay. She somehow managed to convince my mom to let her come here for a month or two on a "vacation" of sorts, but of course my mom's been worried sick ever since she's left." He shrugged his shoulders casually, as if he just couldn't be bothered to figure out why. "It was strange though, you know? My mom's pretty laidback with us.. well, with everything really.. but she just really didn't like the idea of letting Sadie go alone. Oh, that's my sister, by the way. Come to think of it, you wouldn't have happened to have seen her around, would you?" He studied her features momentarily, before standing up and nodding his head in agreement.

"And actually...I could use a couple of bites." He grinned, his handsome features displaying his content and concealing any other previous signs of concern for his sister. If he was on the island, he might as well enjoy himself, too. "What did you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing... Brogan!   Introducing... Brogan! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing... Brogan!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Beachfront-
Jump to: