Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

» ganging up on the sun «

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Janelle

» ganging up on the sun « Empty
PostSubject: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:40 pm

Sunsets usually weren't on Ash's list of favorite things in the world. But, somehow, they were the topic of so many songs, poems, paintings, whatever. They were so fleeting, only lasting a few minutes or so. Shouldn't something beautiful be beautiful always? The sun in the afternoon sky was definitely not beautiful. No, it was harsh and hot and angry. It slunk through emotions as the day wore on much like your average person. Doesn't that make a sunset equally as average considering no one really finds emotions all that 'beautiful'? The emerald green male mused silently to himself, preoccupied with his thoughts as he mindlessly strummed a tune out on the acoustic in front of him. For the complicated paw-finger movements, you'd think he was really concentrating. You would be, unfortunately, wrong. Each note was effortless and casual, as if he'd been doing this his whole life, which is almost true. He'd been playing since he was a little boy and even before then his parents were avid musicians. Talent, Ash figured, was genetic. Pushing the messy, but charming, mop of bangs out from in front of his aviator shaded silvery blue eyes, he began to hum along with the music, in time with the glassy waves that reflected the pink sunset ahead of him.

OOC} open to anyone. join? [;
Back to top Go down
pinkredlupe2

PostSubject: Xenliize   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:05 pm

Surprisingly, the same held true in Xen's mind, and she was thinking of sunsets as well as she padded along aimlessly. She was certainly a girly-girl, but sunsets weren't her favorite things out there. They were beautiful, yes, and she loved watching them, but.. they were just so fickle, and sometimes just so angry and bright. Her ears gave a couple of flicks as she heard the strumming just ahead of her, and she looked up, the bright eyes quickly finding the source.

She made her way over to the male, a smirk finding its way to her muzzle. "A musician, hmm?" This island never failed to surprise her; never before had she'd met a musician, her age at least, and she studied the instrument with a quirked brow. She gave the appearance of being quite young, probably a little bit less than twenty, and had a slender and nicely curved form. Fur was glossy and well-kept, pitc black in color with rainbow-colored stripes. She was very vibrantly colored, to say the least.

ooc| hi. =3
Back to top Go down
Janelle

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:46 pm

Hearing the voice ahead of him, Ash tore his eyes away from the sea and to the source. A stranger, no surprise, considering he knew zero people on the island, aside from his cousin. She looked to be about his age. Nineteen? Twenty? Himself, well, he was twenty-one. But, really, whose keeping track? "Musician?" He said, brows raised slightly, signature, charmingly crooked smile playing across his features. "Honestly, I prefer the term artist. It seems less... kitschy, I guess." He continued the strumming and plucking, without taking his eyes off the stranger. "I'm Ashchur, by the way." What a terrible name. A biblical name for a guy who could care less about the bible. "Ash, though, I'd rather be called. You are...?" He let the sentence hang off, unfinished, for her to run with.

OOC] hey. ;p
Back to top Go down
pinkredlupe2

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:02 pm

"Kitschy?" She raised a brow slightly, giving him a bit of an amused look. Well, he certainly didn't seem to be like anyone else she'd met on the island so far, from what she could tell. But then again she'd only been acquainted with Isaiah and Jeremiah, and it made sense that the two were somewhat similar. Her ears continued to flick gently; it was a nice sound, she supposed, unfamiliar as she'd never really heard anything like it up close.

"Ash? Well, it's a pleasure," she said with a slight smirk, sitting down across from him and allowing her slender tail to curl around her form. "I'm Xenliize, Xen if you prefer, of course." She cocked her head slightly, studying him for a moment; he didn't look familiar, but then, she had never spent much time here anyway. "Are you new here? I've never seen you before, but.." She shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Janelle

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 pm

"Kitschy." He repeated with a small laugh. "You know, like cheap, unoriginal, et cetera." When he introduced himself as a musician, the girls would just throw themselves on him. The shallow girls, at least. And, to be honest, most 'musicians' were pretty shallow themselves. Just wanting to get famous or rich or whatever. Ash, on the other hand, could really care less about the glamor aspect of playing music. It was music for the sake of music; he did it for himself, not anyone else. It seemed truer to call himself in artist, in that respect.

"Xen." He said, nodding thoughtfully. "I like it. It's kind of edgy." He plucked out of few more notes, while she spoke. "You're right, I'm new." Ash smiled. "Is it that obvious?" Maybe all the 'natives' were just like that caricatures his mind had fabricated. Angry looking, beast-like, mean... Of course, the female in front of him didn't seem to be any of those things so he could pretty safely assume no one around here was like that.
Back to top Go down
pinkredlupe2

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

".. Right." She smirked a little bit to herself. She'd certainly never heard the word before, and she'd never met an artist before in her life, not that she knew of at least. And Xen could be considered extremely shallow, and she really was sometimes, but she didn't have any personal experience with musicians. Otherwise, she probably would've thrown herself at him as well.

But then, she was trying really hard to exercise more self-control over those feline instincts of hers, which sometimes got her into way too much trouble. She wasn't really used to carrying out long conversations, because that wasn't what she usually did.

"Why, thank you." She smiled a little. "Not really. I guess I'm not exactly new, I just don't spend anytime around here, so I wouldn't know anyway." She shrugged, her gaze briefly meeting his. "I hope you'll stick around?"
Back to top Go down
Janelle

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:13 pm

"I can imagine this place can get a little boring after a while..." He stopped playing looking around the open, empty beach. "I mean, it doesn't exactly seem like a real hot bed of activity." Pause. "From what I've seen anyway." He offered a shrug, returning his gaze back to Xen. "I'm not really sure how long I'm going to spend here. A week. A month. Forever. Just depends on how much I like it, I guess." He laughed, tapping his fingers against the body of his guitar. "So what exactly is there to do around here, anyways?" Ash asked, brow quirked slightly in question.
Back to top Go down
pinkredlupe2

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:34 pm

"Boring? I don't know. I usually don't hang out here for very long before I end up leaving." She shrugged lightly, her gaze also wandering around the beach. At least it was pretty, right? But maybe he had a point. It was a little bit quiet, and seemed uneventful from where they were.

"Eh, I don't know." She paused for a moment, thinking. "I'm not too sure, but.. apparently the others who live here just drink, and party, and have sex." Her gaze returned to meet his. "I don't really drink anymore, but.." And while usually she would've gladly recounted her stories of carnal pleasure on the island, particularly the one she'd just engaged in a few hours after returning to this place, she resisted the urge. She wouldn't want to scare him off or anything; he seemed like a nice guy, maybe even a tad bit innocent?

".. I don't take it you're like that either, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Janelle

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm

"Hey, I'm not going to lie." He smirked, shaking his head. "I'm like that to an extent, I guess." He thought for a moment. "I mean, drinking, partying and fucking - pardon my French - are all really fun. It's just that whole 'too much of good thing' idea. I don't want to ruin it by overindulging, you know?" Another shrug rolled over those broad shoulders. He looked at it from his 5-year old perspective, when he had quite the sweet tooth for those little chocolate kisses. One day, he found a whole bag and ate every last one. Since then, he's gagged at even the sight of those silver wrapped little candies. "But, if that's how people around here, at least they're not too uptight. That's ten times worse than being uptight."
Back to top Go down
pinkredlupe2

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:19 pm

She cocked her head slightly, smirking. "Oh really now? I never would've guessed. You don't seem the type." She idly brushed her paw against the sand, lightly sifting through it. ".. I don't believe it for a second," she added with a mischievious little smile, her gaze meeting his for a brief moment before returning to study the ground before her. "That's true though. Uptight is so much worse." She'd never really grown up in an uptight community though. Her mother, as far as she knew, was just as carefree as she was--and her father had never really been around much. The lack of discipline certainly explained her behavior now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: » ganging up on the sun «   » ganging up on the sun « Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

» ganging up on the sun «
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Beachfront-
Jump to: