Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Late night static

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:41 pm

It was early evening, the sun just now setting on the island. The sea breeze brought relief from the sweltering temperatures, but even still, some preferred to stay inside. Nestled deep within the jungle was a old, rustic two-story house. It's paint had faded to the bleak color of gray, flaking off in most places. Who built this house? Nobody knows. But one islander claimed it for himself - perhaps, because no one else would be caught dead living in such a place with inches of dust.

The living room of the couch consisted of a tattered grey couch, a wooden coffee table, an antique-looking mini-fridge, and an old TV set. Sprawled out on the floor beside the couch was a sleeping (or unconscious?) feline. His fur was a dark crimson, covered in a few sparse black stripes. His bus ild was lean and muscled and his fur was smooth in some places but tousled in others.

On the wooden coffee table set four empty bottles of vodka, the offbrand kind. Taste didn't particularly matter to him... drinking the stuff straight for years pretty much killed any taste buds he ever had. His paws were covered in what looked like a white powder... but there was no other sign of it.

The TV in the background played the weather channel on mute, in black and blue static.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/quietdespondency/jer.html
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:47 am

ooc| Sorry for accidentaly locking ya'll out of the other forums!! I hope I fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 am

Silhouetted against the shadowed background, the slim grey kougra picked his way past the shrubbery, his tousled coat catching on various protruding twigs and branches. Memories of his recent encounter with Sadie poured through his mind and he lost himself in thought, completely oblivious to the fact that he was wandering deep into the heart of the jungle. After a while, though, Isaiah finally allowed the current time to overwhelm him and he realized just how lost he was. Slowing his pawsteps and scanning the terrain that surrounded him, he noticed that the fleshy plantlife seemed exactly the same as anywhere else on the island, yet completely different. Worry had yet to set in, though, and Isaiah merely shrugged away the matter, setting off at a slightly quicker pace than before, his tail flicking absentmindedly behind him.

After what seemed like only minutes, the trees and bushes gave way to a clearing, a large human-like dwelling sitting towards the center. Isaiah was confused, having never seen something like this anywhere other than the city. Still, his curiosity got the better of him and he began towards it, slowly at first, studying it's features. It towered above him, it's mass causing his fur to stand on end, but the cat hid his nerves well. Putting on his bravest front, he made his way up the steps, onto the porch, half-expecting some hideous swamp creature to come racing at him from inside.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chilledrain
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: ooc   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks! Whatever you did, it certainly did the trick. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 am

Stirring, the dark crimson feline sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes with one paw. Why the hell am on the floor? Muttering to himself, he stretched and yawned, looking around the dusty house with boredom. Damn, no one was here. He was half expecting to be greeted by a lovely kougress dozing on his couch. No such luck.

Padding towards the kitchen, he caught a glance at the kougra outside on the porch. What is Isaiah doing here? Tempted to continue to the kitchen for a beverage, his conscience got the best of him and he turned towards the front door. Plastering a grin, which obviously looked out of place, on his maw he swung open the door and stepped onto the porch. "Hey! Come for another father-son chat, kiddo?" It was definitely fake, almost as if he was making fun of the whole situation. Being a father wasn't something he took seriously. He didn't feel like a dad... at all.
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 am

He took a step back, suprised to see Jeremiah hop out over the threshold. It took several seconds for the grey cat to realize what had happened and who he was looking at, but once he had, he quickly smoothed down his chestfur before meeting his father's gaze. "What are you doing here?" He asked, his tone harsher than he'd intended, though he didn't bother to explain. "I thought you'd have left by now..." This phrase more to himself, hardly audible though visible on his white lips.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:10 am

"I live here, asshole." Jeremiah raised an eyebrow, stepping completely out onto the porch and closing the door behind him. He could tell Isaiah didn't want him to be here, it was evident in his voice and in his words. Perhaps he had heard some gossip. "

Why, do you want me to leave? Am I disturbing your life in some way? Fucking your little girlfriends? Get over yourself." His tone was expressionless, no anger evident. It was as if he was discussing the weather...
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:20 am

ooc| Well I gtg... my fiance says its time to go to bed lol its 12:20 and tomorrow is the first day back to school! ugh Sad
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:26 am

Having expected a much more extreme reaction, he was pleasantly suprised to have not been shouted at. "You live here?" He repeated, brows arching, his confusion obvious against his features. "How long has this thing been here...?" His gaze drifted towards the house before him, his tail flicking against the porch floor. This sure was a castle, at least in his opinion, having been raised around tiny one-room huts.

Shaken from his thoughts by his father's voice, he allowed his dark gaze to return to Jeremiah's features, his brows lowering in an irritated frown. He hadn't forgotten about that incident with Malaia... "Hm, you're funny." He replied in monotone, the fur on the back of his neck bristling almost unnoticably. "Aren't you gonna invite me in?" Arching a single brow, he met the male's eyes with his own, his expression proving his question to be serious.

ooc. Ooh, I'm sorry. :/ I don't start for another three weeks. Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:57 am

"I don't know, you didn't seem too happy to see me. Maybe you could just sit out here." Jeremiah muttered, leaning against the side of the house. Dark gaze swept along the surrounding jungle, in hopes of perhaps seeing someone else. Did only his son live in this place? Where was everyone else?

"I saw you making out with your sister the other day. Whatever happened to 'ew, that's my sister!' stuff you were going on about the other day?" Jeremiah arched a brow, a small smirk forming on his dark features. "I'm not so sure your the type of guy I want messing around with my daughter. Some rainbow kougress... forgot her damn name... she said your a lot like me. Maybe you should do the poor girl a favor and leave well enough alone before she's as messed up as all of us. I mean, dear god, Isaiah... can't you get girls your own age?"

He seemed to be enjoying this, lazily scratching his claws along the wood porch. Of course, he was a huge hypocrite. Age didn't matter to him. He didn't know the extent of Isiaiah's conscience though.
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 pm

"I could say the same for you," he replied at mention of his obvious disapointment to see his father, his tone bordering on cold. Tossing his bangs from his face, he reclined to his haunches, figuring that he probably wasn't going to see the inside of the house tonight. Coiling his long tail over his forepaws, he eyed the cat before him with a confused suspicion, his gaze searching Jeremiahs expression for some clue as to whether or not he was bluffing. How could he have known? He and Sadie had been in the drink hut, by themselves, at eleven-something at night... "So, what, you've got nothing better to do than to spy on us?" he spat, obviously irritated that he'd found out. "I'm over the sibling dilema," he lied, "She's a great girl, and she's pretty." He failed to mention how much she reminded him of Luna. "Wait, what the hell man? You're the one who put the idea in my head in the first place!" He was angry, confused, and now conflicted. The main contributor to why he'd given in to temptation was what Jeremiah had said about halves not counting. Now he was backing out on him?

His thoughts were brought to a screeching hault at the male's final statements. "Xen?" He blurted out, praying the answer was no. If he'd fooled around with Xen too... He didn't even want to think about it. "My own age?" He repeated, scoffing. "You're really one to talk. I've seen you with girls half your age. Besides, you've no room to govern who Sadie can and can't see. You've never even met her! You're hardly a father figure... The only role you played was knocking up her mom... That's all you ever do." His ears were now lain flat against his skull, though his expression was lacking in hostility.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 pm

"Alright, perhaps I didn't see you do anything with her... but I have connections." Jeremiah smirked, stretching out on the porch as if he was about to take a nap. "I know I put the idea in your head, but why the hell are you listening to me? I'm not excactly the best moral compass out there. I mean, I don't have a conscience. You, on the other hand, I thought you did. But hey, it's cool... I see how open you are. Just don't fuck her - what if she had cubs? Or do it some other way... what the hell, I really couldn't give a shit, son. I'm just giving you a hard time!"

His tail flicked idly, his dark gaze moving from Isaiah to the ceiling of the porch. "I guess that was her name, she only told me once... and I wasn't paying attention. And yeah, I like girls young. And your right, I seem to be pretty unlucky at that. But hey, apparentily Sadie is a knock-out and your not too bad looking."
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Isaiah arched a single brow, wondering just who had seem him and Sadie... It was a little unnerving. He gave a small, half-forced laugh, rolling his shoulders in a shrug. He really didn't know why he'd listened to him. He probably had just needed an excuse to feel okay about the taboo subject, and Jeremiah had provided that. A second laugh was offered and Isaiah shook his head. "I don't think she'd even let me," he replied, a small grin tugging at his features. "She's not that kind of girl. Even if she did offer, though, I don't think I would. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she got pregnant." It was the truth. He could never see himself raising a little fluffball, let alone one created from blood relatives. It was a horrifying thought.

His thoughts eventually returned to the conversation at hand. "You do have good genes," he admitted, partially joking. He'd been told over and over that he had his father to think for his looks. "So, when did you meet Xen...?" Isaiah finally asked after a moment of silence, his curiosity nearly unbareable.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:58 pm

"Psh, come on, Isaiah. You know she's that kind of girl. Look at her mom. She just doesn't know it yet because she hasn't hit that stage. When she does, you won't be able to pry her off any living male in the area. Trust me. Girls get weird like that. Speaking of weird..." Jeremiah rolled his eyes, a smirk forming on his features. "I met her the other day, she showed on my doorstep." He shrugged, sitting up and staring out into the jungle.
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:10 pm

He smirked, though he didn't appreciate what he was saying. He basically called Luna and Sadie sluts. Still, it was just the two guys and he didn't feel like bringing up the matter. "What do you mean, though? You don't think she run off and start going down on everyone... do you?" He asked, brows arching in question. The thought scared him, but not to the point where he'd try and stop it. She was his "sister" afterall.

"She was here?" He asked, motioning to the porch floor below them. His gaze drifted over the entire deck, a frown mounting on his brows. He'd never seen her on the island before... Only in the forests and a couple times in the city. "What'd she want?"
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:16 pm

"No, I'm saying she'll want to fuck everyone. Wow, you sure as naive." Jeremiah was only half-joking, as he punched Isaiah on the shoulder. "I'm just saying... if she is anything like her mom. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Luna to death. But we all know how Luna is."

As he brought up Xen again, Jeremiah's gaze turned from Isaiah and towards the ceiling. "Well... do you want me to lie or be honest? Because I can be brutally honest, you know I can. I can repeat word for word what she said and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't blame me."
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 pm

"That's what I meant," he explained, having not want to put it so harshly. Smirking at the friendly punch, he offered a small, almost playful growl to prove he hadn't taken it offensively. "So, Luna's kind of easy then?" He asked, frowning. He'd certainly never seen that side of her, much to his disapointment.

His tail thumped against the wooden floor as he thought to himself, brows lowering slowly. What could have happened to make him ask this? He could think of a few things... "Yeah, I want the truth," he answered finally, figuring it was best this way. Now, if she'd said anything awful about him, he would know and take the proper actions.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 pm

"I always thought so. Maybe just with me, who knows. But she always talked like she was." Jeremiah shrugged, a blank expression on his dark features. Leaning up against the frame of the house, his dark gaze fell upon Isaiah, an odd expression on his face. He hoped to god this girl was not his son's girlfriends. "Well - she knocked on the door and I opened it. She said she was 'horny'. Yes, to me, a random stranger. She didn't know who I was and I didn't know who she was. I didn't know you knew who she was. Follow that? Anyway, yeah."
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Isaiah was silent, his brows furrowing further as he looked from Jeremiah to the wall behind him. His tail flicked lazily beside him and he drug his claws through the small particles of dirt that had settled on the floor. Finally, he spoke, "I guess that's not too suprising. She's not exactly sworn to abstinence." He knew he wasn't her only partner, but still, it was irking. "So? Did you go for it?" He asked, finally meeting his father's gaze with his own, the each pair matching in hue.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 pm

"Hell yeah, what do you think?" Jeremiah raised a brow, as if that was an obvious answer. "Cute young girl practically throws herself on me... yeah, no question there." He fell silent, not knowing what else to say. Damn, this was awkward. Ah well.

Time to make it a little more awkward.

"I bet you could get Xen to do a threesome with Sadie..." Jeremiah smirked, arching an eyebrows and punching Isaiah again in the shoulder. It was as if he wasn't talking to his son... but to a guy at a bar. It was even weirder he was talking about his own daughter in such a way. But Jeremiah didn't really feel as if she was his daughter... he had never met her. It probably wasn't a good idea for her to ever meet him.
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:00 pm

He hadn't expected any other answer, though he still gave a small cringe. His tail flicked and curled, moving to his other side and overlapping his white forepaws, giving him an almost mannequin-like appearance. "I don't blame you, she's got a crazy high libido for a girl... Did she let you in the backdoor?" A half smirk tugged at his lips and for a moment, he forgot he was upset.

The idea was certainly enticing, although coming from his father, it was kind awkward. "You think?" He let his eyes drift to his left, watching the trees move in unison with the slight breeze. "I mean, I know Xen'd be up for it, but... I don't know." Pausing to fall forward in a stretch, he regained his position, looking back to Jeremiah. "Have you ever managed a threesome?" What a strange father/son conversation...
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 pm

It was definitely an odd father-son conversation. Jeremiah didn't seem to mind though. Isiaiah was more like a guy his age than a son. "Good lord, I didn't want to permanentily injure the poor girl." Smirking, he sat up, walking towards the door. Pushing it open, he motioned for him to follow him inside. "No, actually I haven't. Not than I can remember that is. I didn't know very many sluts back in the day... it took a whole lot more persauding than it does now. Kind of... almost too easy. Not much of a game anymore."
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Isaiah laughed, a real laugh this time. "I think I already did," he remarked, thinking back to their last encounter. Good times. Somewhat suprised to finally be invited inside, he climbed to his paws slowly, unable to wipe the grin from his face. Following Jeremiah inside, his claws extended into the floorboards as he walked, keeping his grip. He wasn't quite used to walking on anything other than sand or dirt yet. "Really?" He asked as he scoured the room, noticing the television. He'd seen those in the city, but he never figured out what they were used for, other than just stairing at them. "Sounds tough. Why do you think the girls here are different?"
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 pm

"I have a few theories. My first theory is that their bored and have nothing better to do. My second theory is that the jungle has made them more in tune with their instincts. I've noticed forest kougras are much easier than city kougras because it's natural for them. And my third theory is that the only guys around here anymore are us... and we've created an extremely inappropriate and sinful culture." He rambled on about his theories, walking into the living room and hopping onto the couch. "I think it may be a combination of all three."
Back to top Go down
Kasey

Kasey

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Late night static Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:44 am

He listened in silence, following him into the living room and reclining to his haunches beside the couch. What Jeremiah had theorized made since. "Yeah," he agreed after a moment of thought, flicking his bangs out of his line of vision. "Lucky for us, huh?" His smirk extended slightly and he stretched his forelimbs, scanning over the room for a second time. "So, what's there to do in here?" He asked, looking back to his father.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Late night static Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night static   Late night static Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late night static
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: House in the jungle-
Jump to: