Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunshine in a Bottle

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kasey

Kasey

Sunshine in a Bottle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Isaiah   Sunshine in a Bottle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Her obvious excitement softened his dark grin into a warm smile, her happiness infecting his own mood. His tail curled over his paws and he kicked at the sand beneath his toes, his eyes flitting over the stretch of beach behind his companion for only a second before meeting her emerald gaze. "What?" He asked, arching a brow as he reached for the small, square pack of matches. Peering inside the contents, he noticed the two remaining matches and displayed them for Nyx. "No, we've got a couple left. I dunno if they'll be enough, but we can at least give it a shot," he explained, his ears thrust forward. "You got all of the wood, right?"
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chilledrain
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine in a Bottle   Sunshine in a Bottle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:13 pm

She nodded, happily regarding the last of the matches. "All I could find... You think its enough?" The pile, she saw, turning to face it, was a rough circle, almost as long as her, and easily higher than she was tall. Though this was not a particularly great feat considering her bobcat-size and kittycat build, the firewood was at least packed densely enough to burn for hours. "And I think its your turn to light the matches," she said after a pause, still unsure how she'd managed to get the first one lit. Nyx was a strong believer in luck (and most other things, for that matter), but didn't want to scare it away by trying to light anything else this evening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tyuri
Kasey

Kasey

PostSubject: Isaiah   Sunshine in a Bottle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:28 am

Isaiah glanced towards the pile of firewood, nodding his approval after a moment of consideration. "That should be enough," he responded, his smile fading only some as he spoke. Climbing to his paws, he approached the pile and lifted his pack of matches. After rearranging them to his liking, he pulled out a single match and struck it against the rough, sandpaper like back of the box. The first was a failed attempt, and the second, but by the third try, the end of the stick bloomed into flame, dancing as the wind threatened to snuff it. Protecting the tiny flame with his free paw, he brought it to the base of the stack of wood, waiting patiently for the fire to latch onto a stray twig. It took a while, but finally the small twig caught the flame and allowed it a path to the core of the wood. Working quickly, Isaiah fed the tiny fire with some dry moss that clung to a few branches, as well as other sources of kindling. The miniscule flame idly grew, taking its time enveloping the twigs and moss and eventually reaching the top ends of the teepee-like formation that surrounded it. The fire was still fairly small, but Isaiah sat back and smiled at his work, watching it build slowly but surely, its' warmth reaching out to the two felines beside it.

"That's fine for now, right?" he asked, looking to Nyx, the fire's light distorting his features once more.

ooc. I've never made a fire before, let alone a bonfire, sooo I'm just sort of guessing this is how it would work. Sorry if it doesn't make any sense. :/
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chilledrain
sweetroot

sweetroot

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine in a Bottle   Sunshine in a Bottle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Nyx's attentive green gaze followed his every movement as he prepared the fire, taking in the scene with obvious relish. This wasn't her first bonfire, and certainly not the biggest, but she'd never been there to see one in the making. A tiny gasp escaped her lips as the wood caught flame. "Ohh," she gasped, clapping once more as the flames flickered in her eyes. His voice broke her from her little trance and she turned happily to face him. "Mhm!" she affirmed, moving closer to the fire. She was surprised to find herself grateful for its heat, the temperature having dropped low enough to put her body into shivers. A yawn split her wide, childish features as the warmth bringing a sudden sleepiness to her attention as well. Folding her paws beneath her, she looked up at her friend with half-closed eyes and grinned toothily. "Happy Birthday, Isaiah."

ooc: oh eeps. I can't even tell you how busy I've been. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply, I have far too many hobbies and responsibilities xP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tyuri
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine in a Bottle   Sunshine in a Bottle - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunshine in a Bottle
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Drink hut-
Jump to: