Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeremiah...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:06 pm

The day was almost over... the sun setting behind the thick canopy of the island jungle. Rain fell from the sky, as it did most days on the island, a cool breeze causing the trees to sway softly. A dark crimson feline was lounged on the wooden porch of a very old, seemingly abandoned dwelling. It was a two-story rustic house... completely out of place on this island. A porch wrapped around the entire dwelling and Jeremiah found it quite relaxing to lay out here... the cool breeze and mist rustling his already tousled fur.

He appeared to be in his late 20s, one of the elder felines on this island. His tousled crimson pelt was adorned with a few black stripes and his almost soulless eyes were ringed in black.

It seemed to rain more and more on the island since he had returned. He enjoyed the rain and lightning and thunderstorms...

Rolling on his side, he stared out into the jungle a blank expression on his dark features.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/quietdespondency/jer.html
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 am

Brilliant green eyes reflected the sun sinking into the horizon as a small kougra paused in her journey down the beach. Stifling a yawn, she turned from the gray churning of the ocean to make her way into the trees. Usually she loved dancing in the rain but this evening the relative dryness of the jungle called to her. Somewhere dry to sleep would be especially welcome, she thought, weary paws picking a rough path out through the undergrowth. It hadn't been a bad day necessarily, just a long one. Not to mention how much all that napping had taken out of her. A little rueful smile curled on her lips, though she truly did miss the busy days on the island that colourful new people had once filled. Some of them as colourful on the outside as in.
Much unlike Nyx herself. Her little housecat build was coated in long, thick, gray fur that, though quite lustrous in its own way, was quite monochrome. Her lower jaw and tufted ears were splattered with white that stood out against the dark, but also held no colour. It was only her sharply green eyes and the shock of lavender shadow-markings above them that kept her from looking like an old black and white photo.
Lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize she was no longer walking on lush plant life but a trail, until she was almost on top of the old two-story. A gasp slipped quietly past her black lips as took in the unexpected sight. The house looked ancient, and yet she'd never before seen it in her wanderings. She was about to bound off to find Isaiah and see what he knew about the place when her body stiffened. She wasn't as alone as she'd thought, her quivering nose told her, and her company had a dark scent about him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tyuri
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 am

Ears perked at the sound of a potential visitor. Instantly, Jeremiah rose from his resting position, darks eyes peering out into the jungle. Dark gaze locking with the green eyes of his visitor, he stepped forward to the edge of the porch. What the hell was that?

Staring down off the porch at the small kougress, he cocked his head to one side. It had been a long time since he had since a kougress so small... like a housecat. He himself, had more of the build of a cougar and towered over the small kougress.

He didn't really say anything for a moment, before offering a paw as if to help her onto the porch. "Hey... what the hell is wrong with you? Get out of the rain."
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:26 am

Smiling gratefully, she set her premonitions aside for the time being. "Thanks, I guess I was a little lost..." she trailed off, fully taking in the stranger's appearance. Her little paw still sat in his huge one, attention hooked on his large, puma body. He was incredibly handsome she saw, even through her childish eyes, and was lightheaded and overwhelmed for a moment. Then her gaze met his and her jaw nearly dropped. His eyes were like Isaiah's on steroids, so dark blue as to be black, and full of so many years. She felt herself sinking into them and tore her attention away. "Who are you?" she blurted before she could stop herself.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:34 am

Looking down at the kougress he had the urge to just pick her up and squeeze her... though, realizing that wouldn't be entirely appropriate he removed his paw from hers. What was with all the lost kougresses showing up at his house?

"Jeremiah. Who are you?" He sort of gave her an odd look and a half-hearted smile. She appeared to be very young but he was never good at judging age. He wondered why she was wandering in the forest all by herself and how he had never met her before. As she stared at him, he sort of looked away uneasily and started to walk towards the door, motioning for her to follow him inside. He was surprised she was so trusting...
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:49 am

Oh, but that name rang a bell...
Silently kicking her memory, she offered an embarrassed smile for her rudeness. "Oh sorry, I'm Nyx," she introduced herself. "You got any heat on in there?" She offered a grin let him know she was grateful enough for the company and mostly kidding. Despite her good humour she could feel a blush rushing all the way through to her toes. His extreme attractiveness along with the almost familiarity put her all aflutter, manners and sense both lying astray in the puddles he'd rescued her from. Pausing at the door to shake a bit of the water from her fur, she followed him inside.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 am

He could tell Nyx was flustered and it put a smirk to his face. Wandering inside, he closed the door behind her. "Heat? What the fuck... we're in the middle of the jungle." A rare smile appeared to show he was teasing as he wandered into the living room. Hopping onto the couch, he didn't bother to offer her a drink. He could tell she wasn't that type.

Patting the spot beside him on the couch, he turned to look at her, a sort of curious expression on his dark features. "So... how old are you?" Perhaps it was an odd question to ask, but he was extremely curious. "I mean... your kind of small." And that was kind of obvious.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:16 pm

"Sorry, I know...a couple months in the city and I'm all soft," she laughed, choosing to take his joke as a positive sign. Nasty people didn't crack jokes, and, she reasoned, humour was for the light-hearted. A quick glance around the room further soothed her nerves. It wasn't all that different from the few bachelor pads she'd seen in the city, save for the rustic lack of utilities.
"Wuh- um..." His question caught her midleap for the couch and she stumbled clumsily, having to claw the rest of the way up. Unlike the immediate guilt she'd felt for being rude to him outside, this little slip caused her no embarrassment. She plowed on to the question, biting her white lower lip thoughtfully. "I s'pose I'd be 6, 7, 14...no... Uhm. I'm not entirely sure to be honest. Seventeen sound right? Maybe....?" Half of her response was mumbled under her breath as she struggled to count on her toes. Numbers and maths weren't a subject readily taught in the wilderness she'd been raised in.
"But I've always been pretty small. I reckon my mum was a housecat or something," she flashed him a toothy grin but was a little unsettled by his question. Was that really something she ought to keep track of? When people met her they usually asked her name, commented on her size, and then either moved on or proceeded with standard conversation. Age had never been a factor she'd had to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:27 pm

"Seventeen, then. Ok..." Jeremiah pondered this, not even noticing as she almost slid off the couch. The old black and white television turned on in front of them, a staticy version of the weather channel on mute appearing. Odd.

Stretching out, he sort of laid down on the couch, his large cougar form taking up most of it. The lower half of his body he squished behind Nyx, resting his head on one his paws as he stared at the mute television. He fell silent, not saying anything else. The silence was awkward, but Jeremiah, who really had no manners to speak up, didn't notice. Shifting again to get more comfortable, he accidentally grazed (or for her size, perhaps kicked) Nyx in the stomach. Noticing this, he sort of gave her a smirk, but no apology and turned his attention back to the television.

"So, Twix... who else do you know on the island?"
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:47 pm

As the silence fell, she kneaded the couch under her front paws, claws making what might have been an annoying poppoppop noise as they retracted from its rough surface. She was never comfortable with quiet. Good times were always full of noise. And the TV was weird too. She'd seen a few in the city of course, but never on. The empty black box brough to static-filled life caused her to start in surprise. At least it was on mute...the volume would have completely wowed her. But before she could dwell on the odd, mobile screen she felt the sharp pressue of his paw colliding with her gut. Gasping from surprise more than pain, Nyx struggled to gain her breath for a moment, feeling more awkward than the silence or TV had made her feel. She took his smirk for an unspoken apology when he grinned it at her, and offered her own beaming smile in return. "I'm alright," she mumbled, though he hadn't asked.
And then he was talking again. Smile sparkling in her eyes, she happily replied, "Nyx. And I've only seen Isaiah so far since I got back from the city, but before that, I knew this pretty gril with goldish stripes that gave me a bow for Christmas, I think she was a friend of Isaiah's," pause for breath, "And then I met a couple other people like this big white guy with a funny mask...can't remember his name, but he was another friend of Isaiah's I'm sure, he's kind of a popular guy, you know? Isaiah that is. I s'pose you prolly know him too, huh?" For a little girl like she was, Nyx had an amazing lung capacity.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Looking away from the television at Nyx spoke, he locked his dark gaze with her own in an almost unnerving gaze. Listening to her name all the people, he raised a brow at how hyper... and happy she seemed. He hadn't seen anyone like that in a long, long time.

When she finished, he shrugged, a smirk on his features. "Don't know striped girl, mask guy is Moon... can't stand the guy. I think my ex-girlfriend actually cheated on me with him... or were we actually dating then... I think so. Can't even remember. And sure, I know Isaiah. I don't know if I'd call him popular... everyone is popular on an island with 5 people."

He shifted positions yet again, never staying in one spot long. This time he rolled on his back, staring up at the ceiling, one paw reaching down to scratch the fur on his stomach. "Isaiah is my son. I'm surprised you hang out with him though. He doesn't seem like your type of guy."
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:16 am

She nodded as he named the male she'd described. Moon was about right. Then she tuned out again for a few, whiskers sticking out askew as she yawned. "Your son? Really? Wow, you must be old!" she exclaimed, tuning back in. A quick, apologetic paw shot to her mouth before she continued, a bit more carefully, "But yeah, he's like my best friend around here. I've known him since he was pretty little...well, as little as me anyway," she rambled on, tiredness forgotten as she spoke of her old friend. "Oh! And I think the striped one's name was something like...something like Mally, or Melala, or something." Grinning with pride at almost remembering the girl's name, she let her thoughts slip back to the little gift-giving party they'd had, and the shiny bow the girl gave her. Where was that thing anyway? She'd misplaced Isaiah's present as well, she recalled, a strobe-light like ring that had been too big for her finger.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:22 am

Raising an eyebrow at her old comment, he sat up on the couch, an almost insulted expression on his features. "Old? I'm not old! I'm 29! Isaiah is just... odd and keeps growing old fast. I don't know what is wrong with him."

Rolling his eyes, he studied the kougress, still put off by her personality. Why was she so bubbly? He wasn't so sure he liked bubbly. "Melala? Malaia? Yeah I kinda sorta remember her. Isaiah got all ticked off when she fucked me because he liked her. Odd situations I get myself into." He shrugged as it was no big deal.

"You know, for seventeen... you act like your five." Jeremiah was being brutally honest, staring straight at the girl. "I mean, don't you ever just want to get drunk and let loose? Don't you feel out of place? Hasn't Isaiah corrupted your mind by now?"
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:39 am

"Yeah, Malaia, that's her name-" she'd started, her white jaw plummeting as he continued. "You what?" Blinking in surprise, she did a quick recalculation of the dark male sitting beside her. She didn't like it when people talked like that. It dropped her right out of her comfortable shallow end into the adult's pool where she could hardly tread water.
"Wuh- um...I just like to be er, like that. I guess," she stuttered, bright eyes narrowing, "and I am letting loose, drunk or not, and I'm never out of place," she rallied affrontedly, "because if I was out of it I wouldn't be in it! Er." Sleepiness as well as her companion's sudden change of attitude had thrown off her already unbalanced logic.
"But what does Isaiah have to do with any of that? He wouldn't "corrupt" anybody, he's a very good friend." Though even she didn't fully believe that. Naive as she was, she would have had to be completely blind to not see that the way her friend treated her was not the same way he interacted with other people.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 am

Jeremiah could tell his words and personality weren't excactly clicking with the kougress. She seemed so naive... so not used to the real world. He had been exposed to everything possible in his life. To the point where he had to live extreme if he wanted to feel anything at all. Innocence was not something he understood at all.

"You know, sorry. Sooorry. I'm not used to talking to goody-goodys, my bad." Jeremiah held a paw out in front of him, as if indicating he was going to stop. Moving his paw from mid-air to the girls shoulder, it felt warm, though when he locked his dark gaze with her own he appeared nothing but soulless and cold. "Isaiah would corrupt anybody if he had the chance. He's just like me. Maybe not as... extreme as me. But he will be, one day. He reminds me of myself when I was his age."

Thoughts traveled back to living in the forest as a cub... his real memories beginning in his late-teens. He was exposed to a large group of kougras and with that, the relationships and violence and emotional scars. His first girlfriend, his first drink, his first time killing someone... raping some innocent kougress... these were the things he couldn't erase. Deep down, he knew that Isaiah was lucky his mother was so unlike Jeremiah in every way or he might have turned out worse than he did.

Shaking the thoughts out of his mind, he put on a faux smile, unconsciously moving closer to Nyx on the couch. Draping his large paw across her shoulder, he spoke to her, though his gaze was fixated on the television. "I could show you real fun. You would feel alive. Or, we could just nap... whatever you want."
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:07 am

ooc| Ok well I gtg... it's 12:00 here and I have work/school tomorrow! I'll reply tomorrow Smile Good night!
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:09 am

Nyx's nose crinkled unhappily, but for once she sat in silence, all through his miniature tirade. She flinched noticeably at his touch but didn't move to shake off his paw. Despite the harshness of his words it was a warm, welcome weight on her shoulder that she didn't want to be rid of just yet. But how it did rankle to hear him talk like that about Isaiah. The Isaiah she knew wasn't like him at all. Not to her anyway, and that was almost always plenty for her. She was well adjusted to people treating her differently because of her diminuitive size and childish behaviour, and as long as they didn't let on too heavily that they were faking, she'd gladly accept their dishonest niceties. She was not used to being confronted like this. Nobody had wanted to be the bearer of bad news and shake the real world in her face the way Jeremiah did with such obvious pleasure.
And then another mood shift. Feeling less uncomfortable in this one, she jumped on it, returning his fake grin with a little one of her own. "I'm tired, and I don't think I'd enjoy your fun anyway. Is there somewhere I can sleep?"

ooc:
I'm off to bed myself, toodles
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:14 pm

"Yeah. Wherever you want."

Jeremiah shrugged, hopping off of the couch and heading towards the stairs. "I sleep upstairs."

He was growing weary of trying not to offend Nyx. He didn't like having to censor himself. Before heading up, he turned and spoke one last time.

"You know, one day your going to have to face the real world. Your seventeen... you should know this. People your age just don't... act like you do. Whenever your ready to wake up to reality, I'd be glad to show you... tell you... share stories, share some drinks, whatever. Until then, I'm not into babysitting. No offense, but your too immature for me. And for gods sake... defend yourself. It's too easy with you, you don't get mad no matter what I say." Giving her a wave of one paw, he climbed the staircase.
Back to top Go down
sweetroot

sweetroot

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:43 am

She just shrugged off his parting words, too tired and grateful for somewhere dry to sleep to muster up an argument. And anyway, immaturity helped keep her centered, comfortable in who she was. She didn't think she could live with herself if she "grew up" the way he was suggesting.
Growing up was something that happened to other people, and too bad for them, she thought, curling up on the couch. The spot he'd vacated was warm and plenty big enough for her to fall asleep in, sleepy eyes hiding beneath lavender eyelids as she drifted off.

ooc:
I guess we call that a wrap? Unless you have any ideas left to be played out...?
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Admin

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:52 pm

ooc| That's fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeremiah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah...   Jeremiah... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeremiah...
Page 1 of 1